Our pool-based swim squads are currently on hold due to COVID-19. Please join our land-based virtual (indoor) swim training sessions in the meantime!
Land-based training is highly effective whether or not pool swimming is an option. Current global circumstances allow you to discover the amazing benefits.
We are running 4 triathlon swim sessions per week, coached personally by Fiona, to ensure your Winter swimming progression is not compromised. You can swim train indoors from the comfort of your living room, spare room, garage and just need a Wifi connection to join us online!
Our online program of weekly coached sessions offer you:
- technique and movement patterning
- an aerobic and muscular endurance workout for the upper body
- core work and range of movement (ROM) particularly targeted for triathletes
Combining these elements and swimming a virtual session regularly in the coming weeks/ months ensures you will return to the pool with swim specific conditioning and enhanced functional muscular and aerobic strength. Fiona’s land based indoor multisport program was developed over the many months of her recovery back to triathlon racing eventually culminating with a podium finish at Ironman World Championships in 2016 having led out all of her swims in comeback races. The program has been proven to work specifically with triathletes tailored to their requirements as a population as these vastly differ to ‘pure’ swimmers in consideration of thoracic and shoulder movement range. Fiona’s triathlon specific land-based swim program has built in range of movement and postural core development, to avoid setting up circumstances for injury adapting to different loading patterns using swim cords, as the sessions are designed to improve your swim specific muscular and aerobic endurance during lengthy stints out of the water.
To join our online swim sessions you will need:
- 1-2 sets of stretch cords or resistance band/ trainer cable, with handles on each end. See our swim retail partner Mailsports for stock of swim specific land-training resistance bands (and use the discount code FFTE12 or COVID19)
- A fixing point / tether at waist or hip height
- A pull buoy or foam roller
- A full sports water bottle
- comfortable training clothing (swimsuit or trunks are optional!)
- space to move in with a Wifi connection
Cost per session £10
SIgn up for any of our 4 sessions each week by emailing Fiona – you will be sent the meeting invitation to join the session and payment details
- Monday morning sessions 7 am
- Wednesday session 7 pm
- Thursday session 6:30 pm
- Saturday session 8 am
Fiona’s successful return to racing after developing her land-based training programs, is featured in her published book, Back On Track
Her ideas and content on getting started with land-based training can be found in this article in 220 Triathlon magazine (image credit @220Triathlon) – the image is linked to the article!